Saturday, May 4, 2013

alONENESS


We spend so much of our lives avoiding this very simple truth:

you are alone.


We stay busy, fill our lives with codependent relationships, do everything in excess to hide the emptiness of our souls. 

But, if we can manage to stop running from ourselves with this constant doing, and start being, I believe this leads us to a liberating truth...

Because once we accept the fact that we are alone we are free to love. Co-dependence is not love, it is need. Need is selfish, while love is always self-sacrificing. 

God created our hearts with our place only His love can fill. Let's not settle for anything less. Our generation (I realize I sound like a grandma with the amount of times per week I say this generation.) relies on instant gratification. I am all about instant gratification. I mean I am a human. BUT as wonderful as all these advancements are it can be terrible at times because it is making it harder and harder for us to wait on the Lord.
Which brings me to my next thought- loving God & trusting God go hand and hand for me. This may be the biggest challenge of our short little lives... to trust God's love is always with you. Your trust (I consider faith trust) will be tested daily as you are continually confronted with the evils of this world. Why does it have to be this way? To be honest, I don't know. I could give you some Christian BS but I don't know, but what I do know is this: God is trustworthy.   

We have to learn to trust God is good in the face of tragedy and questions that may not get answered on this side of things. Why am writing about two different things? Well my mind wanders a lot but that's not it. It's because I think when you truly trust God you are free to face the fact that you are alone on this Earth. People will love you with all they are, as you will love too. But, at the end of the day the most important relationship in your life will always be your relationship with God. When you find this, and find His love, you are free to face this "alone-ness" and turn it into Oneness with Him. 

His love is the only perfect love in this world. He loves you at your worst state, when you are neediest and broken. He loves you at your best, so proud of how far you've come, and how hard you are trying to seek Him. BUT His love is never based on what you do, it's based on who you are... His child.  You can't lose it or make it grow. His love is already yours.


No comments:

Post a Comment